Building the future….one byte at a time with this MSc in Software Solutions Architecture!
This exciting part-time programme gives current and potential Software Architects the skills, theory and recognition they need to develop in their role. For the first time candidates can gain a full Masters of Science degree in this specialist area through a mixed learning process with an emphasis on practical application in the workplace.
Most software architects grow or develop into their role with no formal standards, certification or training in the practice of software architecture. They are usually highly skilled, competent and high performers but many express a need for recognition of their role in the form of an accredited academic qualification with opportunities for developing and expanding their skill sets and creating the prospect for long-term progression along their career path. Equally companies are keen to retain these highly skilled employees and develop an Architecture capability pipeline as well as preparing new or prospective software engineers to be successful in an Architect’s role.
Technology Ireland ICT Skillnet analysed these challenges and its Steering Group developed a programme concept based on the outputs of a workshop session in December 2015 with representatives from four member companies, Cisco, IBM, Ericsson and Fidelity. This led to a public tendering process out of which a consortium comprising the Irish Computer Society (ICS), Technological University Dublin (Tallaght Campus) and the International Association of Software Architects (IASA) was appointed to deliver the new MSc in Applied IT Architecture.
The Programme aims to equip established and aspiring Architects with:
- An informed, common, industry-aligned understanding of their role
- A set of frameworks, approaches and tools for executing Architecture tasks
- A knowledge base of current best Architectural practice and experience
- Ability to Communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- The capacity to understand technology initiatives from a broad Business Perspective
- Be equipped to make strategic technical decisions
- Obtain internationally certified and validated academic recognition
Successful completion of this two year programme will result in the award of the officially named programme MSc in Applied IT Architecture. This is what will be listed on the parchment.